Discord Games LLC
Based in Baltimore, Maryland
DescriptionApril 26, 2013 - Discord Games is excited to announce the release of a new trailer and updated demo for Chasm. Chasm is a 2D action-RPG platformer currently in development for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The game features procedurally-generated Metroid-style dungeons and authentic 16-bit pixel art. Discord is raising funds for development of Chasm through Kickstarter, and is currently 65% funded with 16 days left. The updated demo contains overhauled graphics, two new game modes, mappable keyboard controls, fan translation support, tweaks and bug fixes.
HistoryIn Chasm, players take up the role of a soldier passing through a remote mining town on their journey home from a long war. The town’s miners have recently disappeared after breaching a long-forgotten temple far below the town, and reawakened an ancient slumbering evil. Now trapped in the town by supernatural forces, you’re left with no option but to explore the mines below, battle enemies and bosses, and increase your abilities in hopes of finally escaping and returning home.
- Explore Metroid-like dungeons procedurally assembled from hand-crafted rooms in six diverse areas.
- Enjoy challenging retro gameplay and gorgeous authentic pixel art (320×180 native resolution)
- Discover new special abilities and powers to reach previously inaccessible areas
- Play how you want by equipping weapons, spellbooks, shields, and more to both hands
- Uncover random loot drops and rare items
- Battle massive bosses and mini-bosses
- Includes Normal and Hardcore (Scored with Permadeath) Modes
- Leaderboards for Hardcore playthroughs featuring quickest time, least damage taken, and more
- Windows, Mac, and Linux versions with Gamepad support
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
Chasm has not received any awards or recognitions yet. Please check back later to see if things change.
About Discord Games LLC
Discord Games LLC is a small game studio founded in 2011 just outisde of Baltimore, MD. Discord's goal is to create new experiences that combine modern game design with classic 2D gameplay. Our debut title Take Arms was released on XBLIG in August 2011, featured in the Indie Games Summer Uprising, and has sold over 20,000 copies to date. We remastered our formerly unreleased 2009 title 48 Chambers for Windows and XBLIG in 2012. Since late 2012 we've been hard at work on our third title Chasm.
More information on Discord Games LLC, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Producer / Programmer