Discord Games, Inc.
Based in Baltimore, Maryland
DescriptionChasm is a procedurally-generated RPG Platformer currently in development for Windows, Mac, & Linux. Taking equal inspiration from hack 'n slash dungeon crawlers and Metroidvania-style platformers, it will immerse you in a procedurally-generated fantasy world full of exciting treasure, deadly enemies, and abundant secrets.
HistoryIn Chasm, players take up the role of Daltyn, a young soldier sent to investigate the mysterious disappearance of a mining crew in the remote mountain town of Karthas. Upon arrival you learn the town has been cut off from the outside world by supernatural forces. Now trapped, you are left with no option but to explore the mines below the town and uncover the source of the disturbances. Only by gaining new special abilities, evading dangerous traps, and defeating hordes of deadly enemies can you hope to save Karthas — and possibly the world!
- Explore six diverse areas procedurally assembled from hand-crafted rooms
- Enjoy challenging retro gameplay and gorgeous authentic pixel art
- Battle massive bosses and discover new special abilities to reach previously inaccessible areas
- Customize your character by equipping armor to your body and weapons, shields, or spells to either hand
- Includes Normal, Arena, Time Trial & Hardcore Modes
- Leaderboards for Hardcore playthroughs featuring quickest time and more
- Windows, Mac, and Linux versions with Gamepad support
Catacombs Teaser YouTube
Northernlion - Let's Look At: Chasm YouTube
Kickstarter Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
Chasm has not received any awards or recognitions yet. Please check back later to see if things change.
About Discord Games, Inc.
Discord Games, Inc. is a small game studio founded by James Petruzzi and TIm Dodd in 2011. Our goal is to create exciting new experiences that combine modern game design with classic 2D gameplay. We released our multiplayer 2D shooter "Take Arms" on XBLIG in 2011, and our (formerly unreleased) action-puzzler "48 Chambers" on PC and XBLIG in early 2012. Development of our procedurally-generated RPG platformer "Chasm" began in late 2012. In May 2013, we successfully funded Chasm via Kickstarter and began working on it full-time.
More information on Discord Games, Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Design / Programming