Discord Games, Inc.
Based in Baltimore, Maryland
DescriptionChasm is a 2D Action-RPG Platformer currently in development for Windows, Mac, & Linux. Taking equal inspiration from hack 'n slash dungeon crawlers and Metroidvania-style platformers, it will immerse you in a procedurally-generated fantasy world full of exciting treasure, deadly enemies, and abundant secrets.
HistoryIn Chasm, players take up the role of a conscripted soldier fighting a war in distant lands. One day you receive a mysterious letter warning that everyone and everything you know is in danger, and to come home immediately. You abandon your post and set off into the wilderness towards home, and eventually pass through a remote mining town nestled deep in the mountains. Now trapped in the town by supernatural forces, you’re left with no option but to explore, battle enemies and bosses, and increase your abilities in hopes of finally escaping and returning home.
- Explore six diverse areas procedurally assembled from hand-crafted rooms
- Enjoy challenging retro gameplay and gorgeous authentic pixel art
- Battle massive bosses and discover new special abilities to reach previously inaccessible areas
- Customize your character by equipping armor to your body and weapons, shields, or spells to either hand
- Includes Normal, Arena, Time Trial & Hardcore Modes
- Leaderboards for Hardcore playthroughs featuring quickest time and more
- Windows, Mac, and Linux versions with Gamepad support
Catacombs Teaser YouTube
Northernlion - Let's Look At: Chasm YouTube
Kickstarter Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
Chasm has not received any awards or recognitions yet. Please check back later to see if things change.
About Discord Games, Inc.
Discord Games, Inc. is a small game studio founded in 2011 outisde of Baltimore, MD. Discord's goal is to create new experiences that combine modern game design with classic 2D gameplay. Our debut title Take Arms was released on XBLIG in August 2011, featured in the Indie Games Summer Uprising, and has sold over 20,000 copies to date. We remastered our formerly unreleased 2009 title 48 Chambers for Windows and XBLIG in 2012. Since late 2012 we've been hard at work on our third title Chasm.
More information on Discord Games, Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Design / Programming